NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Image Space Incorporated > rFactor

Old 16 January 12, 12:38   #1
Cham3leon

Default Rft 2011 drs & kers

I really liked RFT 2010, and I like what they did with RFT 2011, but I have a feeling something is not working right.

I can't really tell if KERS and DRS are working. I mean, i can't feel any kind of boost on the straights, and now that i've been testing it, I can see that both of these don't affect the max speed at the straights.

I can see the rear wing opening on replays, and maybe I can feel a bit of excess oversteer when I use DRS in corners, but seeing how other players online fly by me when overtaking, I think KERS and DRS are not really working for me.

This is what I did: I installed RFT2011 mod, then both parts of the track pack, and then the V2 update. Am I missing something?
Cham3leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 12, 14:29   #2
Slobbeman

Have you test use the orginal exe ? --
Slobbeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 12, 17:25   #3
Cham3leon

Yea, ok, now I found out what the problem was. KERS and DRS definetly work now, I can feel the boost.

Thanks anyway.
Old 22 January 12, 22:12   #4
carter

hello, its really bugging, me as i cant get drs or kers to work. i can open drs as much as i want in the race but there is no speed increase!! how do you fixs yours? thanks
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 12, 13:57   #5
Cham3leon

I sent u a message
Old 24 January 12, 17:42   #6
maddonkey

hi,
how did you verify this? Telemetry?
I'm also unsure about it.
According to the HUD it works but I also can't really feel it.
maddonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 12, 21:50   #7
Cham3leon

It's not that it will launch you flying along the track like a rocket strapped to the car, but you should feel it.
Maybe it's best that you test it on straights, if you get the same top speed with or without boosting, it means DRS&KERS don't work.
Old 30 January 12, 16:07   #8
colosus

Hi guys, i just did an all new fresh rFactor install, and would like to know if i got this install order right for F1RFT 2011 v2, can someone check that this is correct...
This is the files i have and the order i installed...but something is wrong with my sound...causing the graphix to mess up and lag every time when in pit and lapping passing the pits.. with 21cars on track

rar file size, in brakets is unpacked exe file

1)-F1RFT_2011_FINAL.rar======== 0.98gb-(1040.790kb)

2)-F1_2011_DRS_TrackPack_1.rar=== 523mb-(536.086kb)

3)-F1_2011_DRS_TrackPack_2.rar=== 488mb-(500.471kb)

4)-F1RFT_2011_UPDATE.rar====== 201mb-(206.768kb)

I transformed to HIGH detail and added C++ and Java using F1RFT 2011 Manager on desktop...

am i missing something...?
colosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 12, 12:32   #9
Cham3leon

Well, I myself had a huge lag problem with rFactor, specifically with RFT 2011. This is not the thread for this, but so be it.

First of all you should check your graphic card's temperature and make sure it isn't too high. My problem was with the GPU overheating which surprisingly did not affect most games like FIFA or Skyrim, but RFT 2011 stuttered like hell. I don't know if sound has anything to do with it, but it looks to me like the same problem I was having.

As for the installation process, yes, it seems you did it right. However, you need the original game in order for DRS and KERS to work.
Old 1 February 12, 13:47   #10
colosus

Thanx m8 for reply....actually its not anything to do with the mod...i seem to have a big prob with my onboard sound chipset...the old Realtek Azalia drivers is the cause...every other time i reboot it works fine with no laggy probs,,,
Old 2 February 12, 07:09   #11
jgmz1

can someone explain how drs & kers work in this mod. is it mapped to buttons ?
I'd appreciate any and all help
jgmz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 12, 21:29   #12
Cham3leon

Like I explained in the private message. And Temporary Boost mapping in the game is KERS, handbrake is DRS, and headlights have to be H on the keyboard.
Old 3 February 12, 09:58   #13
colosus

Yea ok...i still got the same stuttering problem....its driving me insane now....

Reboot a thousand times, uninstalled rfactor 6-7 times..fresh installs for this mod...reinstalled Nvidia drivers from old to recent...same goes for onboard sound...im driving in a League tonight for the first time....if i cant get this to run then im out....em stuffed..every other game works..but there is still crackling in the audio...it seems to be when rfactor starts the intro to F1rft 2011 shocks like hell..2 days ago it was fine, when game loads music play fine until the car appears...then its laggggy...slow as hell...really weird..
card is a Nvidia Gigabyte 460GTX oc 1gb, i can even run Skyrim, Mass Effect2,and many other games no prob...i just cant get rfactor to run good now..

any ideas guys...
Old 3 February 12, 11:01   #14
Cham3leon

That's why I told you to check the GPU temperature, my other games were also running fine, but rF with F1RFT 2011 was a mess.

Although, I have a Radeon, so it probably works a bit different, but the problem is really similar. If your idle temps are higher than, i don't know, 55, 60 C, that's your problem right there.
Old 3 February 12, 12:14   #15
colosus

OK i know you speak about GPU temp...em my 460GTX has too fans, plus all other games run fine, the game ran fine two days ago...superfast..no lag, car loaded with no slowdown, i just reinstalled again F1rft 2011 for god knows how many times, the normal rfactor runs fine, but select this mod and it shocks like hell...i didnt even add the HIGH textures from the manager..this is really f...ed up...
wats best way to see temp on GPU..?
Old 3 February 12, 21:10   #16
Cham3leon

AMD's drivers come with tools that can monitor GPU temps, I don't know if nVidia has something like that, but if not, there are programs like RivaTuner (free, I think), GPU-Z, and so on.

In my case rfactor would also work nice until I selected RFT2011 mod. Strange, that time my GPU was overheating, out of all my games only two didn't work, rFactor with the RFT2011 and Arma2. Guess these two have issues running on higher GPU temps or something...
Old 3 February 12, 21:49   #17
colosus

well get this... i removed the Realtek drivers, and the latest nvidia, rebooted...let windows install standard HD audio drivers, then i put the disk for my 460GTX in and installed the original drivers....then rebooted.....weird now the mod works....perfect..but really the sound is crap....its on the lowest Hz possible..16bit 44100 Hz cd quality not even 7.1 or 5.1, not even surround....its just front left & right lol but still atleast the mod is now running perfect..
Old 4 February 12, 04:58   #18
jgmz1

i followed instructions on how to map kers & drs, first through rfdynhud edit input bindings then through rfactor game settings. kers to tempboost, drs to hand brake.
kers is mapped to g27 wheel button & drs to sli-m button. drs seems to mot be working.
any suggestions would be appreciated. also, headlights to h-key.
jgmz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 12, 11:52   #19
colosus

ok well im not sure because i race now in a League but the Kers & Drs are automatic and dont need to be assigned to a key....maybe in offline mode it needs to be assigned...i raced last night and it works fine ...you can see Kers usage in the widget on screen...i know that you Kers must normaly be assigned to the Temp boost button from original rFactor...im still searching online for the assigned keys..but i havnt needed to bother as it cuts in automatic for me..
Old 4 February 12, 12:52   #20
Cham3leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmz1 View Post
i followed instructions on how to map kers & drs, first through rfdynhud edit input bindings then through rfactor game settings. kers to tempboost, drs to hand brake.
kers is mapped to g27 wheel button & drs to sli-m button. drs seems to mot be working.
any suggestions would be appreciated. also, headlights to h-key.
I didn't understand what you meant. DRS indicator isn't working? I really don't know, mate. I saw a couple of problems where the KERS level wouldn't go down as you used it, but no problems with DRS.

As far as I know from my experimenting, you can also set DRS action in rfdynhud to the button you use for DRS in the game, but then it will glow green every time you press it, even outside DRS zones in races when DRS won't actually work. Or was that when I tried activating DRS with the headlights key? I can't remember.
Old 28 April 13, 06:43   #21
giogionis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobbeman View Post
Have you test use the orginal exe ? --
what do u mean i cant get drs to work?
giogionis is offline   Reply With Quote