Old 23 September 09, 00:52   #1
VVV Redhawk

Default Nurburging Nordschleife in an Accord

7:15.495

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK4en2OjSwY
VVV Redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 09, 02:22   #2
darock

You have all 4 tyres over the blue/white curbing at 4:37.xxx into that lap. Sorry about that, but the rules are clear about that.

The replay filed here has a pause about 25seconds into the lap. Any idea how that got there? It causes a CTD in the offline install, but just gives a pause in STEAM.
darock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 09, 12:02   #3
VVV Redhawk

:/ No idea, didnt experience it myself. Hitting the armco isn't gaining an advantage but fair enough....
Old 23 September 09, 14:15   #4
darock

The rule is hard to "feel" and the game doesn't interpret being off track the way NoGrip's Hotlap rules are written.

The game really doesn't call the off track violation many places, and not sensibly most cases. It doesn't call some that are blatant, like the 2nd turn at Curitiba. It calls some way too close on the other hand, like a couple of places at Monza.

So you can't count on having a clean NoGrip Hotlap just because the game didn't call you for cutting.

It's more interesting to me the pause in your replay. There actually appeared to be two in that replay. They CTD'd the one install, but just stuttered the STEAM viewing. Interesting.
Old 23 September 09, 16:17   #5
pitradio

Also just before the chicane you don't stay between the white lines with at least 2 wheels..
pitradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 09, 02:02   #6
VVV Redhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by darock View Post
The rule is hard to "feel" and the game doesn't interpret being off track the way NoGrip's Hotlap rules are written.

The game really doesn't call the off track violation many places, and not sensibly most cases. It doesn't call some that are blatant, like the 2nd turn at Curitiba. It calls some way too close on the other hand, like a couple of places at Monza.

So you can't count on having a clean NoGrip Hotlap just because the game didn't call you for cutting.

It's more interesting to me the pause in your replay. There actually appeared to be two in that replay. They CTD'd the one install, but just stuttered the STEAM viewing. Interesting.
The stutter is interesting, but the video above is from the replay file, so there is nothing sinister there. However when I go from the end to the start of the lap (the loop), I get a long stutter of 3 seconds, which I have never had before.

Going wide and touching the armco is not cutting in the way the rules are meant but if taken to the letter then yes it is.....

Anyway, no matter, doesn't affect me much, just thought it would be nice to have up here.
Old 27 September 09, 12:13   #7
darock

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVV Redhawk View Post
Going wide and touching the armco is not cutting in the way the rules are meant but if taken to the letter then yes it is.....
Touching the armco isn't a rules violation. Hitting walls isn't either.

Going wide isn't mentioned either.

The basic NoGrip rule addresses only the 4 tires and the markings on the track.

Your HotLap showed all 4 tires outside the track. No notice was taken of whether or not the car had hit armco or anything before or after those 4 went outside the paint line that defines the racing surface.
Old 5 January 12, 12:04   #8
Sjoko

I have a question: The very first corner (before the hotlap starts) Or the third last corner if you like. Is it forbidden to cut there? It is the racingline in real life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nordschleife cut.jpg (132.5 KB, 43 views)
Sjoko is offline   Reply With Quote