NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor 2

Old 11 February 12, 16:19   #1
Highflyer

Default Stuttering cars, smooth framerate.

I have a problem that no Graphics settings seem to cure, the cars jitter when they are close to me with no loss in frame rate and the track still drives smoothely.

Other than that, the game is excellent, apart from the fact that ISI apparently wants to kill my g25

Any help would be appreciated as its keeping me from going online
Highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 12, 16:33   #2
gears

For the stuttering, try this: Go into your plr file and chage

Flush Previous Frame="0" to Flush Previous Frame="1"

For your wheel rattling, try Dr. Gears temp fix

Saved Controller Profile and Controller.ini:
Steering effects strength = 8000
Steering torque filter = 4
Jolt magnitude = 1.00000

In-game:
FFB = 1.0

Profiler:
Overall Effects = 100%
Spring Effect = 5%
Damper Effect = 10%
Center Spring = 0% (box checked)
Degrees of Rotation = 900
Allow Game to Adjust Settings = box checked

By lowering the steering effects strength, but raising the in-game FFB, you still get all the feeling of the road, but the curbs and off-track are now acceptable. At least for me they are. Remember you have to change the values in both your saved controller profile and the default controller.ini

Once you change those values, you must re-load your saved controller profile in-game before you drive.
gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 12, 17:41   #3
Highflyer

Thanks Gears for the quick response,

I had already done the flush thing to no avail, but the Dr Gears temp controller fix I am about to try,...I'll let you know how it goes
Old 11 February 12, 19:04   #4
Highflyer

Force feedback feels better Gears, tho not perfect, my fillings feel as if they will stay connected to my teeth for a while longer

Thanks m8
Old 16 February 12, 00:10   #5
hoboholic
Hobo strikes again!

I had this problem when I first got rF2, but I think my solution was a little more personalised...

It is a new PC that I didn't put together myself (First mistake, I know )and the AI were stuttering heavily and jumping around the track, not only that but the game itself felt kind of....slow. My framerate was at 60 so I wasn't sure where this was coming from. I couldn't figure it out until I noticed my CPU temps were at 80 degrees in idle

My CPU fan wasn't plugged in... it had been running without one for around 2 6 weeks without it I plugged it in and my temps dropped down to 30-40 degrees in idle, and 45 degrees while rF2 was on.... not only that but the AI wasn't jumping around anymore, and the game felt... faster.

So in conclusion, check your CPU temps as it might be your CPU overheating
hoboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 12, 01:08   #6
Highflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboholic View Post
I had this problem when I first got rF2, but I think my solution was a little more personalised...

It is a new PC that I didn't put together myself (First mistake, I know )and the AI were stuttering heavily and jumping around the track, not only that but the game itself felt kind of....slow. My framerate was at 60 so I wasn't sure where this was coming from. I couldn't figure it out until I noticed my CPU temps were at 80 degrees in idle

My CPU fan wasn't plugged in... it had been running without one for around 2 6 weeks without it I plugged it in and my temps dropped down to 30-40 degrees in idle, and 45 degrees while rF2 was on.... not only that but the AI wasn't jumping around anymore, and the game felt... faster.

How do I check the temps?
Old 16 February 12, 01:38   #7
gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
How do I check the temps?
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 12, 01:40   #8
hoboholic
Hobo strikes again!

Most of the newer motherboards come with utilities that can check these things, I have an ASRock motherboard so I use the ASRock eXtreme Tuner which tells me CPU temps and clocks aswell as fan speeds.

I'm not sure on any external programs that check CPU temps, Maybe this could help
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/238835-28-find-temp
hoboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 12, 11:32   #9
Berger R - 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboholic View Post

hi hoboholic,

can you tell me what is CPU fan??
will this help me for better FPS? i have around 80 in AMD catalyst thing for my ( i think) graficcard)
i am not good in computer and not good in english too.
Berger R - 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 12, 01:04   #10
The Thorn

The CPU fan is the rotatinmg thing that blows air to your CPU, mostly somewere off the middle of the motherboard.

80C is not a real problem for a GPU (graphics-card), but still a bit high. Try to get the GPU-fan to speed up a bit under full load, if possible.
The Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 12, 02:11   #11
Stratman

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html download this, and you can check temps of processor, vid card, and hard drives, plus get voltage readings, fan speeds....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HW Mon.jpg (97.0 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Stratman; 17 February 12 at 02:35.
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 12, 06:54   #12
KL Mallender

Great replys by Hoboholic, we've all been caught with our pants down with the basic air cooling in-effiencies of electronics, dust bunnies and bad fans can and do let us down at inopertune times.
It's probably a good thing if we took the time to actually maintainence our rigs, instead of chasing problems because of our "negligence" and it's effects.

But that would mean "We" could be the cause of our own troubles wouldn't it?

We'll have none of that around here ehh?

Kevin.
KL Mallender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 12, 11:56   #13
Berger R - 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thorn View Post
The CPU fan is the rotatinmg thing that blows air to your CPU, mostly somewere off the middle of the motherboard.

80C is not a real problem for a GPU (graphics-card), but still a bit high. Try to get the GPU-fan to speed up a bit under full load, if possible.
hi the thorn,

thanks for explain.

your write "get the GPU-fan to speed up a bit"

can i do this in the Catalyst thing under "overclock", where i can set how much % the Cpu fan work? actual i think i have 27%
can i get any problems if i set this higher, perhaps 30%-35%?? without getting any problems??
i am a online league drivers and worst thing what can happen is, that during a race, the screen dod freeze or strange grafic things comes, which i did often read in any racereports, so i am very much sensible in change anything from orginal settings.

so, no problems if i get more % cpu-fan?

servus
Berger R - 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 12, 15:46   #14
simel

You can also go with a "liquid CPU cooler",such as the Corsair H-series.
simel is offline   Reply With Quote