NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Simbin Race Series

Old 8 March 12, 21:44   #1
Sofa

Default Just to let you know

Simbin STILL (!!!!!!!) hasn't done a sigle thing to counteract the, only few, guys who ruin the fun for everyone by using hack a certain hack.

NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING.

What a crap company. Doesn't give a rats ass about their customers. They just let them rot and let them get terrorized by a group of asshole kiddies using THEIR game.

I hope this company goes bankrupt soon and my advice is to never spend another cent on this arrogant, talentless bunch of creeps.
Sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 12, 22:45   #2
hoboholic
Hobo strikes again!

If every company that had hacks in their games went bankrupt then you can basically say goodbye to videogames all together

If it is really ruining your life maybe you should take a break from games for a while
hoboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 12, 16:12   #3
SwiftyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa View Post
Simbin STILL (!!!!!!!) hasn't done a sigle thing to counteract the, only few, guys who ruin the fun for everyone by using hack a certain hack.

NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING.

What a crap company. Doesn't give a rats ass about their customers. They just let them rot and let them get terrorized by a group of asshole kiddies using THEIR game.

I hope this company goes bankrupt soon and my advice is to never spend another cent on this arrogant, talentless bunch of creeps.
Oops! That's a little on the harsh side, don't you think? I understand your frustration, but if you joined a league,(apparently) then you don't get this I have never played Online, and I enjoy "All" races on "Every" track, the AI might suck sometimes, but Simbin has supplied me with lots of fun for a long time, and can't wait for GTR3
"If it ain't fun, then why do it?"

Swifty
SwiftyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 12, 17:58   #4
Arc Anjil

The only problem with a league/club/clan/etc. is that they aren't always running something, and sometimes they run something you don't want to do or can't do (for example, if they run some STCC stuff and you don't have, or want to have, the STCC mod).

Other times, it could be the time zone you're in: the races of some leagues are in the early morning or too early in the afternoon for me, and I'm U.S. Eastern time.

Bottom line is, I just like to jump into an open server race every now and then for the fun of it. When it gets wrecked, either deliberately or just bad driving, I just exit out without saying anything and look for another one; I know what I'm getting into on open servers, so I can't really complain.

I do wish Simbin would fix it so you could kick these hackers out and prevent them from returning. As it is now, you can't kick them because they start a Vote To Go To Next Session. That prevents a Vote To Kick from being started. Even if you do manage to kick them, they can just re-connect right back in!

Simbin needs to fix it so an initial Kick vote over-rides all other votes and can't be stopped by another Kick vote.
Arc Anjil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 12, 20:13   #5
SwiftyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Anjil View Post
The only problem with a league/club/clan/etc. is that they aren't always running something, and sometimes they run something you don't want to do or can't do (for example, if they run some STCC stuff and you don't have, or want to have, the STCC mod).

Other times, it could be the time zone you're in: the races of some leagues are in the early morning or too early in the afternoon for me, and I'm U.S. Eastern time.

Bottom line is, I just like to jump into an open server race every now and then for the fun of it. When it gets wrecked, either deliberately or just bad driving, I just exit out without saying anything and look for another one; I know what I'm getting into on open servers, so I can't really complain.

I do wish Simbin would fix it so you could kick these hackers out and prevent them from returning. As it is now, you can't kick them because they start a Vote To Go To Next Session. That prevents a Vote To Kick from being started. Even if you do manage to kick them, they can just re-connect right back in!

Simbin needs to fix it so an initial Kick vote over-rides all other votes and can't be stopped by another Kick vote.
Well, as I already said I don't race online with Race07...But I do race in a league with NR2003, and if they ran something I didn't like or don't have, I just talk nicely to admin, or whoever runs server and it gets sorted.
I am sure that if your not happy with your league, talk to your admin, that's the only way to do it Well, there is another way, look for a better league
If you not got a league, and just run on a public server, then I'm afraid, along with all the other public servers, hackers, are what everybody else puts up with, that's "Why" there are Leagues
Racing with a group of people you know, or in a League/Club, is the "ONLY" way to race online and have fun without hackers/Cheats, or whoever spoils your game coming in .....Hey!! why not start up a league all by yourself!! ...Never know, even "I" may join

Swifty
Old 9 March 12, 23:31   #6
Arc Anjil

I see what you're saying, and I agree. But my original statement stands: a league, etc. will not always run what you are interested in (BTW, I am in a league - a few of them, in fact).

Also, as stated, I know what I'm getting into with open servers. I don't mind (too much). It's also a great way to meet new people (which I have) and racing buddies.

I don't look at open servers as "real" races. To me they're just pick up races. I use them to practice racing with others - I don't care if I win or not, it's the racing challenge I'm after (I just cannot race the AI - too boring).

And... I do have my own "league". I even have a website/forum for it and have posted ideas for racing series. No one seems to be interested, though, LOL, as it is not about any Touring Cars or Retros, etc. I'm more of an open wheel fan, or higher-powered cars (GT Pros, etc.).

As I always say, each to his own - play the game the way you want to play it (you paid for your copy!).
Old 10 March 12, 00:08   #7
SwiftyOne

Quote:
And... I do have my own "league". I even have a website/forum for it and have posted ideas for racing series. No one seems to be interested, though, LOL, as it is not about any Touring Cars or Retros, etc. I'm more of an open wheel fan, or higher-powered cars (GT Pros, etc.).
That's a big shame, I race in NR2003, (online) most if not all are from USA, and that means because I'm from England, I have to stay awake and play races that normally start between 1.00-4.00AM But because my racing love is Nascar, it "Has" to be done.

Swifty
Old 10 March 12, 22:14   #8
Sofa

The point is that it is the same hack every time. They don't do anything about it, you can rot as far as Simbin is concerned.

I really hope this crap company burnes down to the ground, arrogant ***holes.
Old 10 March 12, 22:46   #9
max attack
Donated

Sofa, I know how you feel mate. But the simple sad truth is the hackers are smarter. They all ways will be. Trust me when i say, SINBIN do not want hackers effecting your enjoyment when using their products. Furthermore, if they could fix this problem they would. trust me.

Hackers do these things for all sorts of reasons, good & bad.
Sometimes they do it to show the Dev they have a problem. Some hackers first tell the Dev's about the problem and how to fix it. Dev's don't always listen or understand at first but they always learn.
Each new program is more secure than the last but still hackable.
EVERY PROGRAM is hackable, its not going to stop.
max attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 12, 22:52   #10
max attack
Donated

There is a possibility that there is nothing they can do about it or they are working on it.

Give them the benefit of the doubt. Thats the fair sensible thing to do.
Old 11 March 12, 00:01   #11
andicirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by max attack View Post
There is a possibility that there is nothing they can do about it or they are working on it.

Give them the benefit of the doubt. Thats the fair sensible thing to do.
they are working on it .... and remember there is more than one way to skin a cat so fixing one hack may not require one solution ....

Andi
andicirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 12, 03:14   #12
max attack
Donated

Yes, they are working on it may mean they are dumping that code completely for another.
Old 19 March 12, 03:44   #13
AndreiRS

What hack is this, I mean can I spot someone using it or it is too hard? The only thing I have heard about "hack" in simbin games, is some kind of VGA overclocking screwing the game clock. What is really lame are the guys in 1st place, you ask for a setup and the guy is using a setup with everything at max or min values. Setup totally made for half lap, but somehow the do 10 laps with that...
AndreiRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 12, 04:33   #14
Arc Anjil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiRS View Post
What hack is this, I mean can I spot someone using it or it is too hard? The only thing I have heard about "hack" in simbin games, is some kind of VGA overclocking screwing the game clock. What is really lame are the guys in 1st place, you ask for a setup and the guy is using a setup with everything at max or min values. Setup totally made for half lap, but somehow the do 10 laps with that...
Well, sometimes they'll show up (it's usually 2, but sometimes 1) in a car that is not in the server list. For example, they'll show up in Koenigseggs in a Radical only server.

Sometimes they'll call for a vote for next session as soon as they enter, but sometimes they'll wait until the race starts. The call for a vote prevents another vote from starting, meaning you can't start a vote to kick them out. This allows them to wreck everyone's cars without fear of being booted. This is NOT a hack, but poor programming on Simbin's part. Supposedly, you can call for a vote for next session and that will supersede a vote to kick, but not the other way around.

Also, their cars are indesctructible. This is a hack. The never suffer any kind of damage no matter what they hit.

Another hack is that they can drive the wrong way on the track without getting DQ'd. This makes it easier for them to run into people and destroy their cars and the race.

They also impersonate people who harrass them and warn others as to what they are up to. I am one of many people they have pretended to be, so they can ruin our names and reputations and get us banned from servers.

Simbin should fix the programming glitch and allow an initial vote to kick to supersede a call for next session, and to stop another vote from being started. They should also fix it so that once someone is booted from a race/practice/qualify, they cannot immediately connect back in, like they can now. It's very frustrating to finally get a hacker booted, only to have him connect right back in.

They change their names all the time (Options\Profiles) so it's hard to keep up with them, but they usually use goofy names like "Hevy Impaler", "Juicebox", etc. But they also use legitimate looking names like "Carl Carlson". These are a few of the recently used names.

Just keep on the look out for someone in a wrong car, calling for a vote for next session as soon as they get in, or when the race starts, someone driving the wrong way without getting DQ'd, and someone whose car doesn't get damaged after a crash. Those are the best signs to look for.
Old 19 March 12, 06:53   #15
max attack
Donated

That really sounds like the work of an ex TKS member, TKS (team kill shoot) clan's members did this to many different games, One of those games was one i played, ArmA.
People who played ArmA would remember how a TKS would enter the server and would be able to kill every person on that map. It happened because there was a flaw that let them do it in the code. They tried to sell fix's to many game companys but no one took up the offer as far as I know. These TKS clowns are very very smart hackers, some of them have been haXing for over 20 years. To get in to TKS, you had to prove your skills. There was never any shortage of hackers. I had secret access to the site for years and would read up on what they did. I think they have broken up and moved on now.

The best hackers have white hair

KILLBOT.
Old 19 March 12, 06:58   #16
max attack
Donated

I should of mentioned, There where about 60 TKS members who's sole aim was to do this to as many games as possible. Those people are not all dead and I'm sure some of them are still active & still do it. They where the 1337.
Old 19 March 12, 16:56   #17
Sofa

Quote:
Well, sometimes they'll show up (it's usually 2, but sometimes 1) in a car that is not in the server list. For example, they'll show up in Koenigseggs in a Radical only server.

Sometimes they'll call for a vote for next session as soon as they enter, but sometimes they'll wait until the race starts. The call for a vote prevents another vote from starting, meaning you can't start a vote to kick them out. This allows them to wreck everyone's cars without fear of being booted. This is NOT a hack, but poor programming on Simbin's part. Supposedly, you can call for a vote for next session and that will supersede a vote to kick, but not the other way around.

Also, their cars are indesctructible. This is a hack. The never suffer any kind of damage no matter what they hit.

Another hack is that they can drive the wrong way on the track without getting DQ'd. This makes it easier for them to run into people and destroy their cars and the race.

They also impersonate people who harrass them and warn others as to what they are up to. I am one of many people they have pretended to be, so they can ruin our names and reputations and get us banned from servers.

Simbin should fix the programming glitch and allow an initial vote to kick to supersede a call for next session, and to stop another vote from being started. They should also fix it so that once someone is booted from a race/practice/qualify, they cannot immediately connect back in, like they can now. It's very frustrating to finally get a hacker booted, only to have him connect right back in.

They change their names all the time (Options\Profiles) so it's hard to keep up with them, but they usually use goofy names like "Hevy Impaler", "Juicebox", etc. But they also use legitimate looking names like "Carl Carlson". These are a few of the recently used names.

Just keep on the look out for someone in a wrong car, calling for a vote for next session as soon as they get in, or when the race starts, someone driving the wrong way without getting DQ'd, and someone whose car doesn't get damaged after a crash. Those are the best signs to look for.

Carlson is at it everyday (for MONTHS now) using the same hack everytime (the ones you describe). He is a terrorist and Simbin lets the rest be terrorised without ANY means of fighting these people.

Another hack always used by them is the autovote. That way you can't even vote them out. Whole server full of people who just want to race, powerless against one terrorist.

And Simbin does NOTHING at all. Have mailed several times to many different Simbin -email-addresses, no response. Even directly mentioned names, so that they could be traced and lose acces. Nothing, not a word.

Now what kind of a company is that? They deserve to go bankrupt, useless tossers.
Old 19 March 12, 17:29   #18
SwiftyOne

Guy's surely this enforces what I have been saying....Join a good league, play only with your buddies, on a password server!! It really is the only way!

Cheers...

Swifty
Old 19 March 12, 19:35   #19
Jempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyOne View Post
Guy's surely this enforces what I have been saying....Join a good league, play only with your buddies, on a password server!! It really is the only way!

Cheers...

Swifty
And I confirm it Swifty !
There are enough serious leagues to find one no matter which language you use ... you'll always find one.
Jempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 12, 04:48   #20
hoboholic
Hobo strikes again!

You don't even need to join a dedicated league, Race Department has a great system for signing up to individual races. I've done a few there in Race 07 myself
hoboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 12, 20:23   #21
SwiftyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboholic View Post
You don't even need to join a dedicated league, Race Department has a great system for signing up to individual races. I've done a few there in Race 07 myself
Hey!! Good idea that Forgot about Race Department...Great site, with a great bunch of guy's willing to help with anything, at anytime

Swifty