NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > rFactor

Old 13 July 12, 11:50   #1
colosus

Default rFactor Gloves and handsOnwheel mod ?? need some info please..

Hi people..this may have been asked many times before but did not really get solved...

I dont care about the fact of '' i have my own hands on wheel '' and so on...so please no moaners....not everyone has a descent setup that will allow it to look real with there own hands,.....what i want is to see the movable hands on wheel like in the F1 mods, i have a 3d arms mod but its only for F1.. i want it for any mod i choose..Le mans 24h,GT,V8.. any mod...can someone please help out and tell me how to edit the files to enable in any mod...Because i want it to have different glove skins too...normally when i race you can see the top of the wheel and when you turn u will see your gloves..only it looks rediculous without hands and even more without a wheel..my 3 monitors sit too high so my wheel is low on my table...nothing i can do about this..
Anyway i want to edit the files and dont know where to start...Please guys let me know something...cheers
colosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 12, 12:01   #2
M1GHTY M4VS

rF has fake arms that come mod wise, they're no general, you have to align them to any steering wheel in all mods. Besides you would have to erase the already present drivers for any car as well. It's not a general 3D file like in Evo or GTR2, otherwise it would be much easier.
M1GHTY M4VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 12, 12:07   #3
colosus

This is an example of my driving view...i just want to see some gloves and not my bare hands...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SoftTH_rFactor.exe_2012_07_13_13_03_18_22.jpg (173.7 KB, 76 views)
Old 13 July 12, 12:10   #4
colosus

thing is i cant enable them if there is no upgrade available...its for this i want to try and edit it to work in any mod i wish...like Endurance Series...how can i get movable hands like in F1..? can i not just edit the F1 files and change them to Endurance series ? or which ever i choose ...
Old 13 July 12, 16:53   #5
M1GHTY M4VS

no they are seperate 3d models linked to the individual gmt file of the car. similar like you would want to change a particular tyre+rim to any car of the game. You HAVE TO use the correspondend 3D file for any mod and you have to reposition it for any car and any combo of driver position. If you know how to exchange tyres for all your cars then you can imagine how to add arms for all of your cars. By taking out the existing pilot, adding the new pilot, find the correct position for all your cars as they all differ and may need refittings for the vectoring span of position aswell. All by one isn't possible because each car is build different even the point where you would insert your drivers differ as cockpits vary in size and distance to certain points like the wheel to seat, legs to pedals for the exterior driver model etc. Let's say you want 3D arms for enduracers you have to take out the existing exterior driver model change it with the one of a certain F1 mod have to arrange it to any car one by one, must scale the distance to the steering wheel and might even end in results that look odd or are blocking your view or make the arms look unconnected to the body because you must meet a certain point that your field of view and your steering wheel must meet otherwise it just looks like obscure linked arms floating around without body connection. + You would have to chop the drivers' head off and realign the enduracers helmets to it so you still have the authentic driver helmets as the models from the are easily variable as the size of carrots in your daily meal. There's no standardized version for the mods and any started on doing their own and fitting their needs in particular circumstances if you fiddle atleast one properly you can think about the next, but certainly don't ask others to do it for any mod as it just isn't possible because of range of mods etc.
Old 13 July 12, 22:29   #6
colosus

wow...thank you for the info...it sounds like hell and back....
oh well ...bang goes that idea....i just dont understand how someone was able to make a 3d arms v0.9 mod then...i mean he must of found a way around it surely .. ?
its an actual exe file...its name is f1 3d arms.zip, it was for an old F1 mod that didnt have movable arms, add this and you have arms that move..
how did they do this only for F1 2011 mod ...look here
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/screen...=Silver%20BENZ

Last edited by colosus; 14 July 12 at 12:36. Reason: mistake
Old 14 July 12, 20:09   #7
M1GHTY M4VS

yeah sure it's possible but it's a shitload of work and even for F1 only it still requires it for any car. You could ask him about it, I know he puts himself in the game with his iconic green gloves like 3rd driver of Mercedes GP.
Old 14 July 12, 23:35   #8
colosus

I will see if i can get hold of him, but if rF2 has the ability to do it easier then theres no point...ive seen it in rF2 but would it be for any model ?
Cheers anyway man...if anyone else comes up with something...please leave a message here...