NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > Automobilista

Unread 28 October 17, 14:29   #1
pawgy7

Default Adjusting the AI in Automobilistic?

Is there any way to slow down the straight away speed of the AI? They fly by me like i am not at full throttle. I play lots of other sims with no problem At all. because i am so non-competetive I am ready yo ask for a refund. I now have it set at %70 and can go no lower.
pawgy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 October 17, 15:54   #2
Nordschleife

Which cars are affected by this? I only experienced the with the MCR from the Brit pack. All others were fine and it was only an issue at tracks with long straights. I haven't played it for a few months though.
Nordschleife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 October 17, 21:08   #3
pez2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawgy7 View Post
Is there any way to slow down the straight away speed of the AI? They fly by me like i am not at full throttle.
It might sound like an obvious question, but have you checked the calibration of your pedals? You genuinely might not be at full throttle.
pez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 October 17, 01:18   #4
DurgeDriven

+1 I think maybe because 70% the ai are way slow on straights, i just tried it

Any pedal with spike has affect, throttle is more sensitive and likely
Brake spike affects acceleration and top speed
Clutch spike affects slow speed when on off the gas
Low power car usually get more affected

Re-calibrate all pedals in menu pawgy then save the profile

Spike aside try TC classic cars at 100% with a good start you should be passing cars straight away, try Ibarra it has long straight and the first 2 corners are flat in TC car , also remember different powered cars in series

Go to ALL Tracks and vehicles ( icon at bottom ) and select a TC car
and make all ai the same

Did you set rubber for track ?
With little rubber you will get out of corners slower so the Ai will pass you before you reach top speed

Stay directly behind cars will give you more slipstream
If you are not within a certain gap to car in front you get no tow so if Ai are closer behind
they will get tow off you and could pass you on a long straight no problem

Don't keep swapping cars and tracks till you nail this down

Could also be you have more fuel

Rant

One thing AMS does seriously better then rF2 is Ai can travel closer to others without having panic attacks lol

In rF2 slowest car the F3 at 120% strength and 50% aggression cars will still do that arcade level sudden lift off and brake when they get close to cars like they rookies at 120%

It is so tiring people rather have puddles or DX11 then that fixed
On the 4 Historic tracks, Longford included Ai passing the pits on inside line will slow down for cars in box

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 29 October 17 at 01:32.
DurgeDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 October 17, 13:59   #5
pawgy7

Yes i have calibrated my pedals and they are full song. No problem with other games.

Will check my fuel settings.
Did not set Rubber?

Durge says,Go to ALL Tracks and vehicles ( icon at bottom ) and select a TC car
and make all ai the same . Not sure I understad this?

I have slowed down the numbers in Player AI Brake_Power Usage="0.80000" // Fraction of theoretical brake power that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)
AI Brake_Grip Usage="0.80000" // Fraction of theoretical brake grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)
AI Corner_Grip Usage="0.80000" // Fraction of theoretical cornering grip that AI attempt to use (can be overrode in HDV)

, Change the worst ,best , and medium in the Aiw for the track, And run at %70 in game. Don't know what else to do?

Also in the mass files for rf2 there is a Tires TBC file tha I usually change to add traction. which helps a lot in the corners. There is no tbc file in AM cars.
Thanks for the tips.

Last edited by pawgy7; 29 October 17 at 14:17.
Unread 29 October 17, 15:23   #6
syhlif32
Premium Member

Pawgy7 You should get back to original by letting steam verify the files.
As what you are doing are not helping on the problems you got.
Not sure what wheel you got but my g27 works well in AMS but the newer 920 got some issues believe there is a beta file for those?
Use full rotations in the device setup '900'? and let AMS set the steering.

Ai issues.
The straight line speed in practice and qualifying are very fast regardless of the strengths you set the AI at. By the way keep Ai strengths between 90 and 110 as outside that the Ai behaves (even more) wacky.
The AI at 70% will be very slow in corners.
Just tried at 70 Imola 72 with Vintage F1 10 laps I lapped most the feld and I am not a fast driver!
At 95% I can win a race if I am not too far back. At 100% it is hard for me to qualify in the top 5 and will not win from 10 position down.

While fare from an expert on setup's the base setup is fine or as somebody suggested youcan use the time trail setup. But those setups are with perfect tire temps!
Often I only remove fuel so there is enough for 3-4 laps in qualifying.

Lots of the car/ tracks files are hidden and encrypted in the AMS.exe. You have no access to them.

So my advice is do a race find the settings where the Ai strength fits you and lower that 1-2% so you can qualify in a good position.

Unless I miss something there are no user option for rubber? Rubber will be add as the race progress.
syhlif32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 October 17, 19:09   #7
bob gnarley

Ok Pawgy, try this.

If you click "Game options" (little gear wheel, top right hand corner), then "Controls".

Firstly there is a display showing wheel and pedal inputs. You can check if you are getting a full pedal.

Secondly, still in the controls menu if you click "setting", I have these values set to:

Speed sensitivity: 0
Steering rate: 100
Throttle rate: 100
Brake rate: 100
Clutch rate: 33 (I have no clutch pedal, though I would set at 100 if I did)

The issue may be here ^^. If I remember, the default values are lower?

If you then click "Axis", I have all Deadzones set to zero and all Sensitivities set to 100.

Good luck!
bob gnarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 October 17, 19:45   #8
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Did not set Rubber?

Durge says,Go to ALL Tracks and vehicles ( icon at bottom ) and select a TC car
and make all ai the same . Not sure I understand this?
Click on arrow all cars tracks

If you have addons you may have to wait a while before it will let you click
SINGLE RACE same as rFactor2

Then select a car you want and opponents see arrows
So same as rFactor2

AMS is same as rFactor2 a green track is low grip

In session setup you can scroll through track rubber settings same as rF2
See the red arrows

P.S. Running all cars\tracks
Unread 29 October 17, 19:57   #9
DurgeDriven

See my custom TRACK LIST ? lol

157 Tracks done by country including all the stock tracks
Looks neater and not so much to scroll

If you need to change back to standard for updates you disable any track mods, bingo
Unread 29 October 17, 20:05   #10
DurgeDriven

Here is my OVGME track mods also by country and AMS content has its own mod to swap the GDBS by country

P.S. I can't get a boo from AMS modders I not allowed to touch there precious files .........

So I am making a private shell and uploading everything to it as we speak ..... 42.5GB of auto install, backup and restore. I be finished by Sunday anyone wants PM me but you must keep the link private or I won't be uploading all other sims OVGME packs I have including 80GB of GTR2 when I can find someone can give me cloud space

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 29 October 17 at 20:23.
Unread 30 October 17, 17:55   #11
pawgy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob gnarley View Post
Ok Pawgy, try this.

If you click "Game options" (little gear wheel, top right hand corner), then "Controls".

Firstly there is a display showing wheel and pedal inputs. You can check if you are getting a full pedal.

Secondly, still in the controls menu if you click "setting", I have these values set to:

Speed sensitivity: 0
Steering rate: 100
Throttle rate: 100
Brake rate: 100
Clutch rate: 33 (I have no clutch pedal, though I would set at 100 if I did)

The issue may be here ^^. If I remember, the default values are lower?

If you then click "Axis", I have all Deadzones set to zero and all Sensitivities set to 100.

Good luck!
Thanks Bob but if I set my Axis sensitivitys to "0" I have no control over my car at all. ANd as I said my controller works great in RF2 and all others even GPL.
Unread 30 October 17, 18:27   #12
bob gnarley

Ok, no worries. Worth a try.
bob gnarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 October 17, 19:59   #13
pawgy7

I doubt if you will see much activity in the thread. I do not think many simmers will buy this and if they do they will not stay with it as it does not come colse to the fun you can have with RF2 or even rf1 gtr2, Sorry about that but I just cannot get my settings right at all. Back to RF2
Unread 31 October 17, 00:37   #14
DurgeDriven

Quote:
I doubt if you will see much activity in the thread. I do not think many simmers will buy this and if they do they will not stay with it as it does not come colse to the fun you can have with RF2 or even rf1 gtr2, Sorry about that but I just cannot get my settings right at all. Back to RF2

AMS has 82% positive for all reviews

Trust me get the FFB right and you will like it

Did you try reverse forces like I suggested ? ( Range is -100% to +100% )

If you let go of wheel and it starts to tank slap you have forces wrong way
or you have spring on or centering on ....these things should all be Nil

Did you test pedals for spiking

P.S.
I need not remind you at the start you used to say similar things about rF2

Honestly AMS FF is in the same ballpark for me as my GTL/GTR2/rfactor/AMS/rF2/AC ............. so you doing something wrong

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 31 October 17 at 00:47. Reason: P.S.
Unread 31 October 17, 15:04   #15
pawgy7

Am still trying. But if my wheel works just right in RF2/ GTR2 RaceOn and Gpl How can it on;y be a sevear problem in AM?. Also I cannot compete with the AI in this game only and I have no way to solw it down anymore. In each of the other games I can slow it down and win a few but not inAM.

AI pass me like I am standing still. Nothing i can find to correct this.

Last edited by pawgy7; 31 October 17 at 15:49.
Unread 1 November 17, 12:07   #16
syhlif32
Premium Member

Post a track and your car speed so we can all compare if we got similar speed.
You do have pit speed limiter off I hope?
syhlif32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 November 17, 16:55   #17
pawgy7

There is nothing You can change in Automobilista to slow down the Ai so you can have a comfortable race. All the various setting in RF RF2 GTR2 and gpl do not affect the AI in AUtomibilista. THe AIW in the track folders do nothing to change the AI. The Ai adjustments in the Player folder have no affect at all. the Only thing i have found that has some effect is the TBC tire grip numbers in some of the mods. AM has done a great job of keeping the AI super fast and not allowing you to adjust it. 70% doesn't cut it for many of the mods and tracks. I think I am going back to RF2 where I can adjust the AI so I don't have to race like a mad man to keep up.
Unread 5 November 17, 23:52   #18
DurgeDriven

Quote:
There is nothing You can change in Automobilista to slow down the Ai so you can have a comfortable race. All the various setting in RF RF2 GTR2 and gpl do not affect the AI in AUtomibilista. THe AIW in the track folders do nothing to change the AI. The Ai adjustments in the Player folder have no affect at all. the Only thing i have found that has some effect is the TBC tire grip numbers in some of the mods. AM has done a great job of keeping the AI super fast and not allowing you to adjust it. 70% doesn't cut it for many of the mods and tracks. I think I am going back to RF2 where I can adjust the AI so I don't have to race like a mad man to keep up.

You still never said if you checked for pedal spike

In AMS controls menu depress all pedals fully
They should all go 100% red with no black line above the red
Then they should all return to 0% with no red showing

Also check Windows game controller \ settings \ Game controller Calibration

Last edited by DurgeDriven; 6 November 17 at 00:04.
Unread 6 November 17, 10:23   #19
pistoncup
Uploader

here try this

or pick cars you can actually drive
pistoncup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 November 17, 16:44   #20
pawgy7

Pistoncup Thanks for your informed reply . but no thanks.

Durge Sorry i did not reply but ,no spikes and In windows have re calibrated and no improvement and in game Calibration checks out exactly as you have described.

Right now wheel is not the problem. Speed of AI is the problem. Try the Renault EEC GT3 Rso1 mod and tell me what you think.
And regardless of what PIston cup thinks , I do very well in GPL , RF2. RF .Gtr2, P&G, and GTLegends. They are all have very adjustable AI. Not Automobilista. I have achieve some success with the AIW file in tha AM tracks. But not all Of the AM tracks have an AIW file. Anyway thanks to all for the replies. As I said before. I have not given up on Automobilista.
Unread 6 November 17, 17:53   #21
Guimengo
Uploader

It's very weird the menu settings aren't working. I never tried the ECC mod but from what I read, it didn't include AI. Maybe that's an impacting aspect?

Back on GSC2013 days, before the change to SCE and subsequently to Automobilista, there was work to provide competitive AI performance in the game. It might be the game with the best AI base at 100% although you could not really run aggression higher than 20% (I think current Low option is equivalent to 33%) or things would fall apart.

I'd be interested in seeing any possible footage of your experience, pawgy. If you have nVidia, ShadowPlay is super easy to setup. Lacking that, just drive and then run the replay from onboard, and record with a cell phone trying to show as clear an image as possible. Make sure replay fidelity is set to full in the menu.

I no longer have the dozens of videos of my CART 1998 or F-Classic replays pushing to a very high level. If you'd like examples of driving that aren't my top notch but still can beat the AI at beyond 100% level, check here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jZUQKpESqZYZwY . These are from spontaneous loading of the game and going for a drive without practice, and after about a 16-month break, so it's just for reference.
Guimengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 November 17, 21:15   #22
DurgeDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimengo View Post
I never tried the ECC mod but from what I read, it didn't include AI. Maybe that's an impacting aspect?
Had some great races at Atlanta and Virgina with it

It isn't the best no, good enough for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fibOh61gH4
Unread 15 November 17, 20:08   #23
pawgy7

I am sure I have found out what the major difference is between Automobilistia and RFactor2
with the AI ..When I reduce in the jason player file in RF2, the AI Brake grip usage., the Power grip usage, and , corner grip usage I get a dramatic slowing of the AI in the game. I can adjust these 3 in rf2 and get the AI just the way i want it to be competetive.\
In Automobiliasa when I change these in the player file ,absoloutly nothing happens in th game. AM does not recognize these at all. As a matter of fact AM does not recognzize any AI changes in the game game and hardly any in the game slider itself.

There Are several things in most race games that will affect the AI's speed. Non of these thing do anything or apply in Automobilisa.

I remember when Gpl came out their was no way to Adjust the AI untill someone recognized the effect changing the d-long speed adjust coefficiant had on AI speed .All of a sudden many people started playing GPl because it was now manageble. You could adjust this number and have good races with the AI no matter what your skill level.

To those who are young and very good drivers, leave it Alone. To those of us who are Old give us a way to slow down any AI in any mod or addition to the game and make it easy to do.
Unread 17 November 17, 15:05   #24
pawgy7

I just realized the way to adjust Riza cars in the automobioista forlder. Just delete them as they have hidden all the adjustments that could be made. Do not fight it . Delete is the answer and just use mods that are adjustable
Unread 21 March 18, 23:26   #25
Oubaas

Open the AIW file for the track that you want to adjust. Find these lines in the section [Waypoints]:

WorstAdjust=(0.8000)
MidAdjust=(1.0000)
BestAdjust=(1.1500)

Those particular ones are from the Santa Cruz do Sul AIW file.

Now, if I want to slow the AI down to 80% of their default capability, all that I have to do is change those entries to this and save the file:

WorstAdjust=(0.6400)
MidAdjust=(0.8000)
BestAdjust=(0.9200)

And there you have it.

Oubaas
Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote