NoGripRacing.com

Go Back   NoGripRacing Forums > PC Racing > GTR2 > GTR2 Hotlaps

Old 14 February 07, 16:59   #1
Cosworth1983

Default I hate the F550

Seriously, Almost everybody drives an F550, every online race i join. the first 8 places are always F550's.
Sometimes there are only F550's.
I F%$#ing hate it, i know that car is pretty fast, but the same laptimes are possible with other cars.
Maybe it has someting to do that i'm a complete noob in the F550, and all i can make it do, is steer it right into the concrete wall.:confused: , no mather what setup i choose.
Also i can drive a 1.43.6 with the Lambo on Monza, and a 1.44.6 with the F550, what am i doing wrong?
I know the F550 wants to go much faster than that, i saw them drive a 1.40.9 with it, but how in the hell are they doing that?.
Any good links or setups i can try to get my laptimes up with the F550, (its the only car i suck ass in, so despite i hate it, i want to drive my best lap with it someday.
And does anybody have a good and detailed explanation of how the power/coast/preload work?, the back end of the car always seem to slide when i gently push the trottle when exiting corners.
Please give me some info, im starting to get pissed, buy the fact everybody drives faster than me.
I got the trottle sensitivity on 0%, as that could be part of the problem im having.

Greetz
Cosworth1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 07, 17:02   #2
Kris123

Location: In my dreams on a island fully surrounded with water

Now the Maserati MC12 always win
Kris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 07, 12:49   #3
darock

How do people drive much faster than us?

They late apex when it's the faster way through the corner. They early apex when it's fastest. Their technique doesn't include coasting; they're either on the gas or the brake. They use power on oversteer if it's quicker, or power off oversteer to crank the car around for the corner when it's a pusher. They've got more talent or more practice time or more understanding of how to chop time off a lap.

I've noticed that almost all the guys who are really fast are also really consistent. That suggests that they're good. I have noticed a couple of people online who pop some awesome times yet seem to be unable to keep the car on the track. Those people seem to have little practice time. Doesn't make sense, does it. unless......
darock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 07, 12:54   #4
darock

Why do you see so many 550s online?

A lot of the average online drivers are the type who follow what seems the easy way. They've seen all the record times being set by the 550 and figure all they have to do is strap the sucker on, and they'll be one of the fastest of the fast. They do this after running the game a couple of times for half an hour. Then they click the "Internet" button and THERE THEY ARE, in your race.
Old 15 February 07, 13:56   #5
mbk

darock, that is exactly what i Did .. ...

But now I love the car, its challenging .. just like a Wild Horse u want to tame ...

I can't Change it ... too late ....
mbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 07, 14:03   #6
KarlosDaJackal
retired

Cmon man, this is in hotlaps and the whole point is to set the fastest lap possible, so people use the fastest car.

Well i reckon the Lambo is just as fast if not faster but thats another story

As far as racing the 550 goes, if you've got skilz you should try apply them with another car. I'm not a fan of the 550, don't like the cockpit/handling but I don't begrudge anybody using it.

If the 550 dissappered tomorrow the same thing would happen with the lambo or the 575.
KarlosDaJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 07, 16:16   #7
lowndes888
Banned

Shame the Viper is too old... But about the topic: the 550 is a great car, very fast,very good braking . On the other hand, it is very easy to spin it, and less grip than the S7. And one more thing. You can spin 3-4 times on a race, while with a Lambo, which is easier to drive, there are much lower chances of spinning. So my thinking is. The 550 is the best hotlap car, but not the best for a 30minutes+ race.
lowndes888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 07, 16:22   #8
manzarek

its just what suits you, i find the 550 very easy to drive and extremely stable, spinning is not a problem i have come across. Will say though, i find that the S7 has the best rear end.
manzarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 07, 16:45   #9
LordRa9826

I have to agree with you manzarek about the S7.It's a little heavy in the rear but if it slides,it slides a little less than the 550.
When it comes to NGT i'm with Porsche but as far as GT goes i'm with Saleen all the way.
LordRa9826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 07, 17:06   #10
manzarek

I have been playing GTR2 since October, i new nothing about the game and chose the 550 as it was (and still is) my favorite GT car since the fall of the hardcore GT1's (Porsche GT1, Toyota GT1 etc...) its still the only car i am really excited about driving and i wont apologise for driving it, i mean it when i say that if it were 2 seconds a lap slower than the Murcielago or the MC12 i would still be driving it.

As to NGT its Porsche RSR all the way!
Old 15 February 07, 23:28   #11
scca1981

95% of the time I race the GT Class... my favorite is the Saleen but a lot of servers for some reason online won't let me race with it so I go to the F550.. As far as the other Gt's go... the 575 is a tad under-powered, I really enjoy the Viper but just can't turn the laptimes I get with the 550, the maserati seems too loose in the rear and the car seems "big" for tight circuits. I don't personally care for the handling of the lambo. This is all personal preference though and sometimes it depends on which track i'm racing.
scca1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 07, 00:31   #12
MechMan

I use the 03 550 Ferrari. I find the 04 make has less top end. Fastest I got the car to go ( the 03 that is) 292 kph
MechMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 07, 00:36   #13
LordRa9826

Where was that MechMan?On Mulsane straight before the first chicane i reached 321 kph.
Old 17 February 07, 00:50   #14
MechMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRa9826 View Post
Where was that MechMan?On Mulsane straight before the first chicane i reached 321 kph.
Wow I like to know you set up. I did my 292 on Monza GP 2004. the straight of the starting grid area. most of the time I am doing 285 on most straights
MechMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 07, 01:56   #15
manzarek

same here, i hit 200mph (323kph) before the first chicane on the Mulsane, i'm basically not running any wing, 1 front, 2 rear, i do alright with my lap times as well (not in simulation though).
Old 17 February 07, 02:09   #16
LordRa9826

On Monza 302 kph with the Saleen.Low downforce and at least 3 degrees of caster.Rev limiter to maximum,6th gear to maximum and 3rd,4th,5th and 6th close together.
@manzarek i use 1 front,4 rear with the Saleen but i will go for 2 rear if it's drivable in corners.
Old 17 February 07, 14:26   #17
manzarek

i run the 550 and as the Saleen has a better rear end (i find) i cant see why it wouldn't be drivable, all i find with the 550 is that i need to brake a little earlier than normal.
Old 17 February 07, 14:32   #18
LordRa9826

Thanks Manzarek!
I checked the performance charts of each cars and i saw that the Saleen has better downforce so i guess at 1 front,2 back it will be easier to handle than the Ferrari.I'll give it a try and let you know.
Old 17 February 07, 15:02   #19
manzarek

i just tried the Saleen round Le-Mans, haven't really driven it much so just guessed the setup but found it very stable and very easy to drive, only thing was that i couldn't top 194mph (313kph).
Old 20 February 07, 12:53   #20
darock

Was just in an online race this morning.

Have stepped up to the GT cars and been learning to drive the Lambo. So was happy to see a race at a track I've been slinging the Lambo around that had 20+ drivers in the sucker. That ought to be enough that there would be a couple of slower guys like me. I would be sure of having someone ahead to try and learn from, and maybe, just maybe one or two behind so I'd feel like I was beating somebody.

Turned out lots of people joined. And turned out that there were over 20 bloody RED 550s on the track. Jeez is that a joke or what. Christ, not only do all the drivers pick the same car, but they also can't be bothered to pick a different paintjob than the 1st on the list.

BORING!!!!!!
Old 20 February 07, 12:56   #21
darock

I almost fell outa my chair about halfway around on the first lap.

Some driver was pissed and started screaming about how lousy a driver "the ashol in the red 550" was............. uh..................
Old 23 February 07, 19:21   #22
October

Quote:
Originally Posted by darock View Post
I almost fell outa my chair about halfway around on the first lap.

Some driver was pissed and started screaming about how lousy a driver "the ashol in the red 550" was............. uh..................
:crackup:

Anyone who has driven online enough probably has something similar to tell... sad but true!

I quit running the 550 online quite awhile ago. My favorite GT substitutes are the lambo and the CR5 and I don't car if a half dozen red ferraris beat me to the finish. Some friends I race with online have been talking me into running more NGT (Porsche and I have never really gotten along very well together) and I'm finding them quite a challenge to race with, especially with blurs of red flying everywhere while we are trying to do it. I don't care so much about the end of the race that way... I just want to do very well *in my class*. Nice change of attitude once you get used to it.
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 07, 18:01   #23
Psykot!c

Agree....the 550 sucks big time.... And there is no way the Lambo can be compared to the 550 in speed. 550 is way faster. There is no time at all that a Lambo can even dream of keeping up with a 550 on the straight...not even while slipstreaming behind it. Its amazing and so frustrating to see how that 550 can get around me on the straights. Even the Saleen can catch and sail by the Lambo on straights. Imo the line up is F550 then Saleen then Lambo. Thinking rationally and unbiased, I'm sure most will agree.
Psykot!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 07, 18:07   #24
Psykot!c

Quote:
Originally Posted by October View Post
:crackup:

Anyone who has driven online enough probably has something similar to tell... sad but true!

I quit running the 550 online quite awhile ago. My favorite GT substitutes are the lambo and the CR5 and I don't car if a half dozen red ferraris beat me to the finish. Some friends I race with online have been talking me into running more NGT (Porsche and I have never really gotten along very well together) and I'm finding them quite a challenge to race with, especially with blurs of red flying everywhere while we are trying to do it. I don't care so much about the end of the race that way... I just want to do very well *in my class*. Nice change of attitude once you get used to it.
lol....yeah the RSR is always fun...Esp when u quali ahead of some of those lousy GT drivers...hehe :roflmao: The only prob is, u sometimes get kicked off track during race b/c of impatient rammers.
Psykot!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 07, 17:21   #25
skridge

my online experience in gtr2 has been the rsr can beat about 1/2 the gt field usually.

my best finish is 6th out of 22, with 3 ngt cars total, all the rest gt. a large % just use the faster cars to hit the wall sooner
skridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 07, 01:24   #26
Freddyfartbox

I'm in love with the Saleen. The only other car I will drive regularly is the RSR. I noticed there wasn't many hotlaps set by Saleen's, so I'm trying to change that, but ofcourse I get knocked off the top spot by a friggin' F550. Probably with TC and ABS and all the other driver aids on. I could probably go faster in the Saleen with driver aids, but I refuse to lower myself to such standards. :p
Freddyfartbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 07, 06:50   #27
KarlosDaJackal
retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddyfartbox View Post
I'm in love with the Saleen. The only other car I will drive regularly is the RSR. I noticed there wasn't many hotlaps set by Saleen's, so I'm trying to change that, but ofcourse I get knocked off the top spot by a friggin' F550. Probably with TC and ABS and all the other driver aids on. I could probably go faster in the Saleen with driver aids, but I refuse to lower myself to such standards. :p
Plenty of S7 laps up there. I know I set most of them :p

Go ahead and beat them most of them where done when I was still learning setups(on sim mode of course). S7 FTW!
KarlosDaJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 07, 07:00   #28
Freddyfartbox

After I posted that I realised that you can see ALL times for each circuit, I thought it was just the top 3 times that were left for everyone to beat. It's good to see some Saleens doing faster times than the F550.
Old 20 April 07, 18:34   #29
jon_corbett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykot!c View Post
Agree....the 550 sucks big time.... And there is no way the Lambo can be compared to the 550 in speed. 550 is way faster. There is no time at all that a Lambo can even dream of keeping up with a 550 on the straight...not even while slipstreaming behind it. Its amazing and so frustrating to see how that 550 can get around me on the straights. Even the Saleen can catch and sail by the Lambo on straights. Imo the line up is F550 then Saleen then Lambo. Thinking rationally and unbiased, I'm sure most will agree.
Definately agree with everything there. I just had an offline race at Valencia using the Saleen. Coming out of the final turn, side by side with a 550 and got out ran even though I was in the slipstream of a 575:confused: .

At Valencia, I spent a lot of time making setups for the Storm and Saleen at Valencia and with practice I got into the low 1:30s. Had a quick go with the 550 having hardly ever used it, never at Valencia. Default setup and on only lap 2, I got a 1:29.:confused: Ruins the game slightly having a car that is easily better than the others.
jon_corbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 07, 19:37   #30
Freddyfartbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_corbett View Post
a car that is easily better than the others.
And that's why every weak prick and his dog goes for the F550, it's easy. The more I think about it the more I hate it!
Old 20 April 07, 19:54   #31
Slick1

I pick it once in a while just to make it fair to every car, but yeah it is bad that the Ferrari can out run almost every car so easily.
Slick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 07, 20:23   #32
svtdrivah

Quote:
And that's why every weak prick and his dog goes for the F550, it's easy.
:roflmao:
svtdrivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 07, 22:38   #33
fane

I also love the saleen.i just dont use the car more times in races because of the tyre heating problem and thats a shame anyway i have uploaded a hotlap in valencia 2004gp ,i think its in the limits of beeing legal but karlos later will tell.second best time behind an impossible car (550)
fane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 07, 22:47   #34
lowndes888
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fane View Post
I also love the saleen.i just dont use the car more times in races because of the tyre heating problem and thats a shame anyway i have uploaded a hotlap in valencia 2004gp ,i think its in the limits of beeing legal but karlos later will tell.second best time behind an impossible car (550)
Dude that was an awesome lap!! You sellin' GTR2 lessons fane?:p :roflmao: :p

But if you keep downshifting like that tomorrow night, better take a fire extinguisher with you in the car
lowndes888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 07, 23:28   #35
Slick1

Setuping would be easy, if I knew what everything did. Can I get some tips, I am sure if I could fine tune my setup skills I can be as fast ast the fast.
Old 20 April 07, 23:35   #36
fane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowndes888 View Post
Dude that was an awesome lap!! You sellin' GTR2 lessons fane?:p :roflmao: :p

But if you keep downshifting like that tomorrow night, better take a fire extinguisher with you in the car
Lol that was one of my problems so thats why i blew up engines in a couple of races but i think i corrected that.Only do that in hot laps or qualifying
fane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 07, 05:02   #37
testdriver@belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by fane View Post
Then use the Pirrelli Saleen, i doesn't have the problem of overheating its rear tyers.
testdriver@belgium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 07, 16:04   #38
scca1981

with the right set-up the 550 is beatable. It all comes down to your driving experience and knowledge of setting up the car. The 550 just happens to perform great with its base set-up.
scca1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 07, 16:18   #39
fisheracing
Ancient Uploader

Quote:
And that's why every weak prick and his dog goes for the F550, it's easy. The more I think about it the more I hate it!
Just keep on repeating to yourself over and over again " It's only a game, it's only a game.", and everything should work out fine.!!! It did for me.......
fisheracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 07, 16:41   #40
Slick1

Don't complain try to beat the car. Prove other cars are as fast.
Old 3 May 07, 15:44   #41
erling b°hmer

Hello, maybe you have get same answers but.
try to adjust your diff on the 550 to 10 50 2, this will helkp your laptime on
monza
erling b°hmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 07, 18:39   #42
Gutshot

OK, I give up. I drive Viper Sim mode, no aids. That way when I get creamed (regularly) by folks in 550s I now tell myself that they must be driving in Novice with all sorts of aids or other undetectable supercharging (after all they are driven by aliens).

Therefore, Please, when you beat my hotlaps, do it by at least 20 seconds in a 550 so my illusions can remain intact.

I like to think that when I was young, if I had been talented, and had a rich daddy, I too would have been a super sport car driver. But lacking those qualities, I had to settle for this $29 game.
Gutshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 07, 22:40   #43
[R24-7]Bazza
Uploader

i totally think the 550 is for those who can't live with the thought of losing. its a great car and i used to drive it but its too simple to be fast in it. even the really fast drivers tend to use it to increase the size of their cranium, and thats pretty sad.

im now a viper driver, i feel sooooo much better about racing it against 550's and beating them. its made the game so much more enjoyable.

i think if your man enough to choose a car other than the 550 then you gain so much more respect when your fast in it.
[R24-7]Bazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 07, 23:03   #44
Eno

Hey Bassa, Ive never really been a 550 fan, tho I DO love Ferrari. The 575 has always been my favorite between the two. I love the Viper and your right, I get real pleasure when I do pass a 550 . But whats even better is when you do it in a vette. Even tho this car is a G2 car, This car has a monster motor in it. A, 7 liter motor was equal to say a 454 cubic inch motor, but according to the specs of this monster this car has a motor better than 500 cubic inches. To me this car is a sleeper. Tell Rad I say hey, havent seen the wild man in sometime.
Eno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 07, 23:11   #45
Gaiajohan
Banned

I even can't drive the 550, just give me the Corvette, or another car, that drives much better, and much more fun.
Gaiajohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 07, 15:06   #46
Paul_in_DC
Uploader

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R24-7]Bazza View Post
i totally think the 550 is for those who can't live with the thought of losing. its a great car and i used to drive it but its too simple to be fast in it. even the really fast drivers tend to use it to increase the size of their cranium, and thats pretty sad.

im now a viper driver, i feel sooooo much better about racing it against 550's and beating them. its made the game so much more enjoyable.

i think if your man enough to choose a car other than the 550 then you gain so much more respect when your fast in it.
I feel that way about the Saleen. With a good setup I consistently beat 550's. But I find the Saleen very twitchy on setup and balance, and on longer races it wears out tires quickly, especially soft slicks. I also learned to adjust brake bias during a race as the fuel level drops and the balance shifts. It takes more setup and testing skills to use it, but like you say it's much more rewarding.

The 550 is for lazy drivers. :p
Paul_in_DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 07, 16:38   #47
Freddyfartbox

Paul, if you have all the Mr Men Mods Aussie tracks, you might like the Australian Saleen S7 Challenge championship I created, just the champ .gdb and .txt files, I didn't see the point in making a .Sim file, as it seems to state everything that's in the other 2 files anyway. It's 11 rounds with 28 opponents (so you'd need atleast 29 Saleen skins installed) and the scoring mirrors the 2007 V8Supercars season, where only the top 15 finishers per race score any points. Let me know and I'll send the files.
Old 6 May 07, 02:27   #48
Paul_in_DC
Uploader

Freddy -- sounds cool! (I wondered what 'MMM' on those tracks meant!) How big are the files? Can you post them in a message in this thread?
Paul_in_DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 07, 07:51   #49
Freddyfartbox

About 10KB all up, I could probably attach them to a PM I suppose. I'll try now.

Edit: Can't add attachments to a PM. PM me your email address and I'll send the files.
Old 8 May 07, 02:22   #50
verstappentheboss

I prefer my beloved TVR, love that car to pieces.
the other car i mainly drive is the Gillet Vertigo.
can't stand ferrari's but if push came to shove i would give it a go!
The 550 though is really for people who want an easy ride, i personally prefer a car that has a bit more feel to it.
verstappentheboss is offline   Reply With Quote